Jason Gilliland – Principal Applicant
Dr. Jason Gilliland, is the project’s principal investigator and Director of the Human Environments Analysis Lab. He holds appointments as a Professor in the Department of Geography & Environment, Department of Paediatrics, Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, and School of Health Studies at Western University.
Rebecca Clarke – Project Coordinator
Rebecca Clarke is a project coordinator at the Human Environments Analysis Laboratory (HEAL) focusing on the ParkSeek project. She holds a Master’s of Environment and Sustainability from Western University and Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Governance from the University of Guelph. Rebecca is also a Research Associate at the HEAL.
Catherine Reining – Project Coordinator
Catherine Reining is a project coordinator at the Human Environments Analysis Laboratory (HEAL) focusing on the ParkSeek project. Her research interests include planning and management in parks and protected areas for human health and well-being, conservation, and environmental education. Catherine holds a Masters of Environmental Studies and Bachelor of Arts in Geography from Wilfrid Laurier University as well as a Bachelor of Education from Brock University. Catherine is also a Lab Coordinator in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Alexander “AJ” Wray – Doctoral Student
Alexander “AJ” Wray is a doctoral student in the Department of Geography & Environment at Western University. He holds a masters in geography from Western University, and an undergraduate degree in planning and environmental assessment from the University of Waterloo. AJ will be studying how people experience parks and recreational facilities using geographic ecological momentary assessment. His research interests are focused at the intersection of GIScience, parks and recreation, and building healthy thriving inclusive communities.
Braden Dyce – Doctoral Student
Braden Dyce is a doctoral student in the Department of Geography & Environment at Western University. He holds a masters of business administration from the University of Calgary, and an undergraduate degree in geography from Western University. Braden’s research is focused on the economic effects of parks and greenspaces on both single-family and multi-family residential real estate.
Rose Hildebrandt – Masters Student
Rose is a MSc student in Geography at Western University studying the accessibility of parks across various populations in Ontario. She will be working on Objective 1 of the ParkSeek project, focused on measuring accessibility of parks across Canada.
Zhe (Jayden) Chang – Masters Student
Zhe Chang is a first-year graduate student in the department of Geography and Environment at Western. She has an undergraduate degree in Physical Geography and a certificate in Geographic Information Science (GIS) from Queen’s University. Zhe’s role on the ParkSeek project is to assist measuring the geographic accessibility of parks and recreational facilities in Canadian cities by using cutting-edge spatial analysis and Geographic Information Science (GIS) techniques.
- Paul Villeneuve – Carleton University
- Carley Ziter – Concordia University
- Pierre Gauthier – Concordia University
- Dan Rainham – Dalhousie University
- Harvey Lemelin – Lakehead University
- Yolanda Wiersma – Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Marianna Brussoni – University of British Columbia
- Mark Groulx – University of Northern British Columbia
- Matt Adams – University of Toronto Mississauga
- Bryan Grimwood – Waterloo University
- Liz Sutherland – Map & Data Centre, Western Libraries
- Jed Long – Western University
- Jinhyung Lee – Western University
- John Fleming – Western University
- Kathy Tang – Western University
- Trish Tucker – Western University
- Chris Lemieux – Wilfrid Laurier University
- Sean Doherty – Wilfrid Laurier University
- Don Carrathurs Den Hoed – Canadian Parks Collective for Innovation and Leadership
- Dawn Carr – Canadian Parks Council
- City of London (ON)
- City of North Vancouver (BC)
- Brent Hall – Esri Canada
- Jon Salter – Esri Canada
- Metro Vancouver Regional Government (BC)
- Steve Langlois – Monteith Brown Planning Consultants
- Jake Tobin-Garrett – Park People
- Stephanie Stanov – Park People